Criminal Courts

Case Search

To search for criminal court cases, please click here.


General Criminal Information

There are three different types of criminal cases.

Circuit Felony (CF) – any crime punishable by a prison sentence. This category also includes more serious traffic offenses such as fleeing law enforcement and 3rd DUI.

Misdemeanor (MM) – heard in county court, these are non-traffic related offenses punishable by a maximum of one year in the county jail.  Ex:  Shoplifting and Possession of Marijuana.

Criminal Traffic (CT) – traffic cases that are heard in county court and punishable by a jail term not to exceed one year.

Most traffic tickets are not criminal cases. Click here to visit the traffic ticket section.

Remember!  Deputy Clerks cannot provide legal advice.  We cannot excuse you from attending a court hearing or even explain why you must attend. If you have questions about your case that cannot be answered by simply reading the documents, please contact your attorney.

Paying Court Costs and Fines

  • PHONE payments are accepted through Govpay. Click here for details.
  • MAIL (check or money order) to Clerk of Court, Criminal/Traffic Division, 20 N. Main St, Brooksville, FL 34601. 
    • All checks should be payable to Don Barbee Jr., Clerk of Court
    • Always note your case number on checks or other forms of payment!
  • Has your case already been referred to our collections agency?
    • If so, we cannot take your payment.  Please contact the appropriate agency based on your case type
      • Felony (CF), Misdemeanor (MM) or Civil Traffic (TR) is Linebarger, Goggan, Blair and Sampson LLP at (866)341-4498
      • Criminal Traffic (CT) Aspen National Collections at (800)981-9420

Did you post a cash bond to get out of jail?

  • Refunds are available to depositor upon completion of the case.
  • We must have a current address for depositor.  (Change of Address Form)
  • Pursuant to Florida Statute 903.286, the Clerk shall withhold from the refund any fines or costs owed by the defendant on ANY case.
  • If you posted a surety bond, please contact your bond agent for information about your bond.

Seal & Expunge

Under Florida law, if you have been arrested for a criminal offense, you may have the right to have records of your arrest expunged or sealed.

Sealing Records

Sealing is a court procedure that seals court and police records. The records are not destroyed or returned, but are put “under seal", meaning they are not accessible by employers, members of the general public, or most public entities. Law enforcement officials have access to the records. The procedure for obtaining a court order to seal records is virtually identical to the expungement procedure.


Expungement is a court procedure in which a person who has been arrested petitions the court in the county where the case was filed for the destruction or return of all records pertaining to his or her case. Typically, an order granting the expungement petition is directed to the arresting police agency, the Florida State Police Bureau of Identification, and the Circuit Court Clerk of the county in which the case was brought. Records expunged are either destroyed or returned to the petitioner. Records include fingerprints, mug shots, and other records of identification. The circuit clerk does not return or destroy the court file; rather, it impounds or seals the file so that the records will thereafter be unavailable to employers or the general public.

Please visit the FDLE website for additional information or contact the FDLE at (850) 410-7870.

Orders to Seal

Pursuant to Florida Rules of Judicial Administration, Rule 2.420, the Clerk of Court must post a copy of an order to seal issued on a Civil case on the Clerk's website and in a prominent, public location in the courthouse. This order must remain posted in both locations for no less than 30 days. The rule states that for Criminal cases, the Clerk shall not post orders for cases in this section unless directed by the Court.

Still have questions?  Contact the Criminal Department at (352) 540-6444  or email us.

Related Contacts

State Attorney’s Office ~ (352)754-4255

Public Defender’s Office ~ (352)754-4270

State Probation (felonies) ~ (352)754-6710

County Probation (misdemeanors) ~ (352)796-8181


View Forms & Documents